Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Constellations Binding


I am anxiously awaiting the backing fabric for the constellations quilt.  I ordered it Monday so hopefully it will be here by the weekend.  I decided to do a scrappy binding with all of the constellations fabric I had left over.  This is a first for me, I typically use one fabric so I am excited to see the finished product and of course the finished quilt.  I already got the binding sewn and ironed.  Here it is!  



In the meantime I have been piecing the robot squares together in a chain and will keep doing that until my backing comes in for the constellations quilt.  




I made a little "square" of fabric from leftover triangles from the binding.  I might embroider the names and dates on it by hand.... or with FMQ.  Not sure yet but I would like to use it as a "label".  




No comments:

Post a Comment