Saturday, March 23, 2013

Baby Shower Gift

Saturday night and basketball playoffs are on... BORING!  So I have been doing some straight line quilting to the modern constellations quilt.  I also wanted to update the blog.  I have a friend who is due in a couple of months with her first baby girl.  I wanted to use some of this cute fabric I bought at The Seam Shoppe in Key West Florida for a bib and burp cloth!  Here is the bib and burp cloth they are sewn right sides together leaving about a 2 inch gap and then flipped and top stitched.  I traced a bib I have from my little guy to use as a template but there are tons out there on the interwebs! 


I absolutely am in love with this modern children's fabric.  I have 3 more fat quarters of boy fabric!  I have another friend pregnant with a boy who I work with so maybe she will be getting a similar gift!  


I was also using my Janome and testing out some of the specialty stitches and added a little embellishment for the fun of it.  It was so easy, just choose the number and pedal to the metal! 

I also have decided wherever I travel I want to buy fabric and use it to make a quilt someday of all of my travels.  The Seam Shoppe in Key West had tons of options.  They had modern, traditional, beachy inspired, and Batiks.  If you are ever in the area there check it out!  They also have a website which I have linked to above.  

No comments:

Post a Comment